Tuesday, January 25, 2011

How Did I Get Slower?

Seriously, I knew it was too good to be true, running a sub 10:30 min/mile at the beginning of my training! Now I am averaging 11:19 in Zone 1. Now really I know I shouldn't complain because I did have 4 months off and last year I started a lot higher than that, but complain I will and I dare you to stop me!

I am hoping that this weekend maybe it will get just a tiny bit better. Only because I am particpating in my first race in 5 months on Superbowl Sunday and man am I starting to get worried that I may need to stick my head in the sand to hide from my time after I cross the finish line. Well more like snow here instead of sand but either way, I will be hiding!

This week has been filled with spinning classes, max strength phase lifting and lots of running. I am slowly rebuilding my relationship with my bike and we seem fine as of today. I feel as though we will go right back to hating each other once I am allowed outside though. But I will cross that bridge when I get to it, and hopefully not fall down and break my head!

In other news, the wedding is moving along. I bought my wedding dress on Sunday and boy was it fun. You don't realize how girly you are capable of being when you usually aren't very much so at all. But I am realizing that that is just because my current circumstances only allow for dressing for a cold day of work in the city and working out. So not much girly stuff there. But I have located my inner girly girl, if not for one day. I also secured a photographer and now I am just working on hotels, a rehersal dinner spot and my save the dates, and then it is time to breathe, well if I can do that along with my training!

Speaking of which I am off to spend some quality time with the trainer!

No comments:

Post a Comment