Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Show Must Go On

So I forgot to mention yesterday that on Tuesday outside of my normal spin class, I helped out and picked up a 60 minute sculpting class for the hour before my spin class. I figured, I was going to bet there anyway so why not go in an hour early and make some extra cash. Well, I did make some extra cash, but I forgot to calculate in the fact that I don't really do full body lifting workouts, EVER. So after the hour I headed over to the spin room and began to worry a bit because my arms were still shaking quite a bit and I was having trouble lifting them. Spin didn't seem to give me as much trouble as I thought it would but yesterday morning my body revolted. And it got worse as the day went on.

At around 5pm yesterday I decided I had to get my swim and run in and I thought, considering it was a Zone R 35 min run, it couldn't be that bad. Well, it was! I was running at a speedy pace of 10:45 min/miles and my HR still came in way over where it should have. That is when I started to question my swim. It was a strength swim of:

1000 pull
1000 pull with paddles
1000 free

Sounds easy enough, right? (I can't emit enough sarcasm here for you to ever fully grasp how sarcastic I am being) So I completed my run and shuffled like an 85 year old over to the pool and got in. The first 1000 my arms were killing but slowly started to warm up. The second 1000 I actually was feeling ok. The third, I felt like it was my first time ever attempting to swim. I felt like I was not moving at all. And I can admit it, I swallowed about 4 mouthfuls of water, since you know, I have no idea how to breathe while swimming, since I have never swam before!

So this morning I got up nice and early to see if walking around the house might make me feel better. The scene of me trying to get out of bed would make for a great blooper reel! I am hoping after today's bike and mile repeats I will feel a little more limber. If not, I will just get up and hope for the same thing again tomorrow.

Because as I said, the show must go on, I got a marathon to train for here people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment