Thursday, December 8, 2011

It's Opposite Week

Last week I couldn't get a full night's sleep if I tried and was working out like an animal and feeling no pain. This week is the exact opposite. Per the usual I didn't sleep on Sunday night, but that is nothing new. I was wide awake for my alarm and went on to teach and swim and lift. Then by Monday night I was done. I fell asleep before Nick even got home from work with my half eaten sushi (a serious addiction I need to deal with, but that's another post for another time) in front of me. He managed to get me off the couch and into bed and before I knew it, it was Tuesday.

This week I have been spending some time in the office, not my favorite thing, because my new office is about a mile on foot away from the train as opposed to the 3 blocks it used to be, but I am doing it anyway. So Tuesday and Wednesday I got up and got in my workouts in the morning and then went into the office only to come home completely exhausted to wake up on my couch at midnight realizing I fell asleep again after dinner.

Today I decided to not head into the office and work my event from home. Right after lunch I jumped on my trainer for my 50 min Z1 ride and I was dragging. My heart rate was through the roof and I was just plain tired. I have another one to try in a few minutes and to be honest, I am dreading it!

So what is the deal? Last week I was all pumped and this week I am deflated! Where is the happy medium? Maybe this time of year there is none? Who knows! I am hoping maybe next week I will go back to normal and even out a bit. Here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment