Wednesday, December 14, 2011

What day of Christmas is it Again?

Seriously, between work and working out, I have lost track of everything. Usually I can count on my advent calendar to keep me up to date, but I am way behind on that too. Who gets behind on eating chocolate!? This week has been one of those weeks where I think every day is Thursday. I think it is because I allowed myself to be my gym's bitch and I have been subbing spin classes left and right. I mean, I try not to, but then they wave some extra money in my face and I am sold! Whoring myself out to spin. Oh well, I guess it can't hurt right? But it does! My legs are super tired, and I want to sleep all....the....time.

But enough about my inability to say no. As for my regularly scheduled work outs. I had a pretty solid weekend. I got in a 2:45 Z1 ride and a 25 Z1 run on Saturday then a 1:30 ZR ride and 1:40 Z1 run on Sunday. And I must admit I felt fantastic during the run. I average 9:14 min miles and came 3 beats under my top HR. Which is a definite improvement from my usual average of 9:25 min miles. Then I taught a double on Monday, swam and lifted and taught again last night.

Today I have a 1:00 ZR ride and some lifting to get done. Since I am supposed to race this weekend, I have a light schedule this week. But the problem is, races around here during this time of year are scarce. I did find one 15k but it was closed. So it is either going to be a weekend of mile repeats or just the normal heavy bike on Saturday and heavy run on Sunday. I think I would rather the intervals and take a Saturday off to be honest.

I also need to start planning my race schedule for next year. For some reason my brain keeps thinking Ironman. But I just don't know if I have all that training in me. Or if Nick will want to be around me while I do it. I am going to sit on it a bit and think. Who knows, maybe next year is the year!

Annnnnd I am tired just thinking about it. Have a great Thursday everyone! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment