Monday, November 15, 2010

Ahhh Monday.....So We Meet Again

What a weekend is all I have to say! The weekend started off with a Friday night spin class for 1 person, since she has been coming to my classes for the past 5 years, I figured I would just bite the bullet and teach. Followed by a fantastic dinner of fresh whole wheat pasta with pan seared scallops in garlic and oil. And let me tell you, it was delicious! I still can't really taste or smell anything, but I can tell when there are certain strong tastes or scents to things. For instance I can tell when there is garlic in my food, but it doesn't taste the way garlic used to taste or the way it tastes for normal people. Strange right?

And moving on! On Saturday we got up nice and early and headed over to Breakneck Ridge for our 5.5 mile hike. I had my new hiking boots on and man, did they make a difference. It made the whole rock scramble super easy! We decided that now that we have mastered Breakneck, it is time to move onto another challenge. So we are heading to hike part of the Appalachian Trail in the next few weekends and see how that goes. It is nice to have something other than swimming, biking and running to do in the off season.

After our day of hiking we heading over to our friends house for the annual Coed-Fest Beer Pong Tournament. And the good news is, this time we didn't lose totally! We didn't make it to the second round, but we did win a few games. This then lead to more good news, we didn't have to stay until the end! So after our loss we hung out for a bit then headed home to get some rest.

Sunday I got up nice and early and decided that today would be my day off. Then I sat around for a few hours and got bored and decided to go try a BodyFlow class. This is a class which is a cross between yoga and pilates. I am not normally into the yoga workout but I figure it can't hurt to work on my flexibility a bit. So I went for an hour and worked on it. Then it was football time, and the Bills finally won a game! I forgot what that felt like for a while! While out watching the game we made a nice bit vat of mushroom chili which we will try tonight after spin class.

This week calls for detoxing and relaxing. It is going to be a busy work week, so I am going to try to at least limit my stress during off hours! Let's see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment