Friday, November 5, 2010

Let's Not Think About What Could Have Been

This weekend could have been my weekend, the end of my relationship with the New York Marathon. Instead I have to endure another year of this love/hate relationship until I can have my revenge. Instead of running 26.2 I ran 5. And although that doesn't sound like much to anyone, that has been my longest run in 3 months! My, how times and goals can change!!

Tomorrow we are going to take on Breakneck Ridge again, now that we have a better idea of how it works, and we won't have our little lost dog friend with us, we might be able to navigate a little better. I also have acquired some new hiking boots for my weekend hiking trips and my upcoming week in New Mexico and Arizona, and I am excited to try them out. And I am hoping since I have added lifting back into my regiment that I may not be as sore this time around!

Then Sunday we will venture into the city so I can be a spectator. There is just something about the New York Marathon that is inspiring and energizing. So instead of participating in it this year, I am going to use it to help get me back into racing mode.

I will be back to coached training next month, and I am hoping to start racing, well at least the running portion of racing, in January. This weekend, watching some phenomenal athletes might be just what the doctor ordered. And on that note, I am off to nap, which is just what my body has ordered! Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment