Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Goodbye Summer...Hello September, my Tri Month

Well sadly the summer is over. We toasted to the end of this summer with a fun Labor Day bbq and luckily we picked the only nice day that we had! On Saturday we had our friends over for a full day of bbqing, cocktails and sun. It was a great way to end the summer and begin what should be quite a challenging few months.

My month of local barre also came to an end and since I have a few races coming up, I am going to hold off on starting my next month. But one thing I can say is all this lifting and core work has made a big difference in the way I feel and my workouts. I am noticing it the most in my swims. And yes, I can use the plural of the word because I have been in the pool more than once this month and not to float on a raft and read a book! 

So now onto this months goals. Here goes nothing:
  • I want a PR in my Half  coming up this weekend. In the past I have chosen races where the bike and run are so challenging that I never had a chance to PR. This time I think I picked the right race and I am ready to finally get this PR.
  • PR in my swim for my Olympic Tri this month. During the NJ State Tri, I started out strong but crapped out at one point, I want to attack this one with everything I've got.
  • Continue with local barre at least 4-5 times a week, once I start up again.
  • Use up the remainder of my boot camp classes to test my strength a bit.
So this is what I am up against this month and then it is the end of my tri season. I then move on to marathon training for the NYC Marathon in November. And that will bring on a whole different set of goals, but let's deal with September first!

Now I just need to get my head ready for this weekend's race. I am feeling a little bit antsy, I think only because every other season by now most of my hard races are behind me. But not this year! I have two right ahead of me! I have the half this weekend, a weekend off and then an Olympic on the 22nd. The best part is that the Olympic is at Great Adventure, so we get free park entry. Which means Nick and I will celebrate the end of tri season by eating bad food and trying to not throw it up on the rides! Good fun.

Well that is all for now, the goals are right here in writing so I guess that means I have to try my hardest to complete them!

Happy September! Bring on the apple picking and football!


No comments:

Post a Comment