Friday, August 12, 2011

Can Someone Please Make the Room Stop Spinning?

While I am still contemplating my race plan for September I am now dealing with something else that is kinda fancy. I have perpetual spins. Yup, it is kind of like I drank too much 24 hours a day. I recently went to the doctor for another ailment and he informed me that my blood pressure is super low. Nothing to be concerned about, but is low. He referred to it as "athlete low" so it can't be too bad. I then started to put two and two together. I have been super dizzy for about a month. Usually when I first wake up in the morning and then about 2 hours into the day I am fine. It seems to happen the worst when I am laying down and move quickly. I mentioning this to the doctor and he confirmed that this is a direct result of low blood pressure. Hoooray!!

The funny thing though is that I am not dizzy when I run or bike. Swimming I can feel a little off, but it does not seem to be affecting my training in any way. On the subject of training this week has been pretty bike heavy since I missed out on biking last weekend due to the Cancun trip. Each day I have logged about 1.5 hours on the bike and I am looking at a 5 hour ride tomorrow. Here's to having an achy butt for the rest of the weekend.

Outside of the spins and training this week has been just a lot of the usual. Working, training and counting response cards. On that note, I need to go check my mailbox! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment