Wednesday, August 10, 2011

To Race or Not to Race....

I have been throwing around the thought of getting in one more half this year before my wedding and I found one. I was then given free entry to it, if I wanted it, from the race directors because they are the same group that hosted the race I hurt myself in. I mean could there be any more signs that I should do it?

Then there are the signs that point to the contrary. I am finding that my Z1 run pace has been slipping lately. I have lost about 10 seconds/mile in the last two weeks. Now mind you, I did just spend a weekend in Cancun for my bachelorette party, which consisted of little to no working out, but I have been keeping up with all of my workouts. And then there is the whole I am getting married in two months and the weekend of the race is literally my only free weekend until then. Lastly, and most importantly, the goal this year was to go for a sub 4 marathon, and I am worried, with my honeymoon in the middle of October if I don't start focusing more on running, can I do reach my goal?

So to race or not to race, that is the question (of this week at least!).

As for the rest of life and training, I have been busting my ass for the past two weeks, and have just realized I haven't had a rest week this year! Odd? Yes! But, I am over it. I spent last weekend in Cancun with 3 good friends for my first bachelorette party and had a blast, I returned tanned and relaxed, but it was back to the grindstone at 5:30am the next morning to teach some classes. And now I am looking forward to my 2nd one!

The next two weeks I am taking on 3 extra classes a week to cover for a friend and to bring in some extra $. So let's see how bad I am complaining by then! But for now, I am content. Another 5:30am wake up and I will be on the bike in about 15 min to start my day with a 1:30 Z1 ride.

Happy Hump Day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment