Monday, March 12, 2012

Peek a Boo...

Ok so I kinda went into hiding for a bit in terms of writing. I have been so busy with all of my training that once I was done, I didn't feel like writing about it. Sorry! So on the topic of training I am now two weekends away from my first marathon of the season and first in 2 years. I am really hoping this 65 degree weather keeps steady. Running a marathon in March in shorts and a tank top at the beach would be amazing! But I am not going to even bother to check the weather anytime soon because I don't need anything else to stress about.

All of last week was the usual stuff in terms of training. It was this weekend that I thankfully got a little break and then had to do a little pace training. Coach P had me run a 30 min warm up, followed by 5, 1 mile repeats at 8:40, which 1 minute rest in between each. I believe the HR results from this will help to figure out the my race pace, which I am excited to hear about. That day I also had a 2 hour Z1/Z2 ride and then I got to take it easy on Sunday with a quick 50min ZR ride.

Today was the usual, I taught spin and then had to come home to go back to bed before work. This time change is kicking my ass. I am hoping it will only take a few days to get back to normal, but man, I wish they did it on Saturday morning as opposed to Sunday so we had at least a day for our bodies to figure it out.

So other than that, I am also kicking around picking up another class at the gym. Maybe teaching a sculpting class on Monday nights. I mean the extra $ can't hurt and to be honest, the lifting and abs can't hurt that much either! I will have to decide that today, so I will update you later in the week. But for now it is time to finish up work and get ready for my weekly Bachelor viewing party. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment