Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Motivation...Sometimes you got it, sometimes you need to borrow some

This past weekend was a hard one for workouts. And by hard I am not referencing the physical part of it, more so the mental part. It all started on Friday. It was raining and I was couch bound all day. I just had no desire to do my run. And my run was legit the easiest one of the week, a 35 min Zone R run. And I just couldn't do it! I started to think of some excuses, when my neighbor text me and said, you know, we should still go running. I knew it would make me feel better if I just went and I actually had never been running with her, so I did it. I used her motivation to get my ass moving and it worked.

Then came Saturday. I had to switch my Saturday and Sunday workouts because I was supposed to go see my brother play in Brooklyn so I had to manage my time accordingly. I would usually get up and get on the bike on Saturday but instead I had two runs and a bike to do. I ate and headed to the gym for the first run. I got there, and the place was packed! I got a treadmill and started running. By 2 minutes I was frustrated. By 4 minutes I had stopped twice to pout. By 5.5 minutes, I had packed up my gym bag and was about to head home. I was just not feeling it. I text Nick to let him know we could leave earlier if we wanted because I was throwing a hissy fit and giving up on my workout.

When I got back home Nick told me to change into cold gear and that we were going on a run. He said if I wasn't going to do the prescribed workout I had to do something to get rid of my tude! So off we went. By the end of the run, I was trucking and feeling quite a bit better. I realized when I got home that some days, even though we are the ones who do this stuff everyday, we just don't have it and need to borrow the motivation from others.

So needless to say I have been playing a mean game of catch up this week, but I can't say it is all too bad. Taking it easy for just one day was enough to feel better and more focused on the task at hand.

Now I am going to go dig into my egg white and spinach omelette and focus on today's tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment