Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Can I Please Take a Nap Now?

Well I made it through the weekend. I managed to have a little fun on Friday night, although exhausted, and then get up nice and early for a Local Barre session. It was another hard work out, but not as devastating as the first. I think I can attribute that to the last two weeks of boot camp and lifting. When I got back I got on the bike for a 2:30 Z1 ride on my best friend, my trainer. I watched a movie and before I knew it, it was over. And so was the dream of getting in my 30 minute run. My legs were shot, and I was tired. I tried to hold out to see if I could muster up the determination to get out there, but it just didn’t come. So I threw in the towel and called it a day. Some days you just have to be ok with giving up. Giving that my knee is not back to 100% and the amount of workouts I completed last week, I was ok with giving up and had no remorse.

We had a few people over for a Cinco de Mayo/Derby party and tried our hand at Mint Juleps. And all I can say, is we tried! I am not sure they came out correctly but they tasted ok. Kinda like a bourbon flavored life saver. Do what you will with that. Some people liked them, while others couldn’t drink more than a sip (ungrateful guests!!). We had a fun time followed by a dance party and then called it a night/morning.

Sunday called for a 2:00 Z1 ride with 2 intervals at 70 rpm and a 1:05 Z1 run. I got on the bike and within minutes knew it was a bad idea. I would have to push those workouts out a bit. Once I did complete them I felt great. My Z1 pace is now holding solid at 9:13 min/miles. The only thing is that due to my knee I am only running inside, so I am not sure how much I would slow down when you add in weather conditions outside.

I have my first tri coming up on the 20th, it is the Red Bank Olympic Triathlon. I did this one last year and it was fun, outside of the surprise trail running 3 miles in. Given that I just got into tri training and my whole knee problem I am not looking for any miracles with this one. So I am not going to beat myself up to get there! I will just use this as a warm up for this season. Other than all my training life is just peachy. I am still working on the 4 pound goal, tomorrow is my first weigh in. Let’s see how that goes!!



No comments:

Post a Comment