Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Is it Really Only Wednesday?

I don’t believe it, I really don’t. I am only half way through the week and I feel like I have been hit by a Mack Truck. I have been in the office working my butt off, but not before hitting the gym or the trainer each morning. Then I get home and head out for my 2nd workout and as I mentioned this week we have added in boot camp. But I have my eye on the prize. My goal is to lose at least 4 pounds in two weeks and I have never been so committed to it! Can she do it? We shall see!

This morning, I literally had to peel myself out of bed and get to the gym for a quick 45 min Z1 run before work. I ran, ran home, drank my blueberry smoothie, showered and headed into work. Tonight I have a quick swim set of:

Warmup:
1000 continuous

Main Set:
10 x 50 at best effort

Cooldown:
500 EZ pull

Then I will get a little rest then it is off to boot camp at 8pm, for 35 minutes of much enjoyed hell.

This week I started my Max lifting phase and I must say, outside of being sore from adding in boot camp, I am starting off with weights much higher than last year. After my first attempt on Monday I realized I can probably bring up my first set for each muscle group by at least 10 lbs. While I was feeling it, I wasn’t really exhausted when I was done. So tomorrow I will try to push my limits a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment