Friday, March 22, 2013

Energy Rollercoaster...You Must be This Tall to Ride

Welcome to my energy rollercoaster. Want a ride? It is a totally unexplainable and unpredictable approach to training! What fun!

I woke up yesterday, on the wrong side of the bed, wait make that the wrong side of the world. I pity anyone who entered into my path yesterday, since I was a force to be reckoned with. I had my grumpy pants on, high and tight.  I got up, started work and was absolutely beat. I was not in the mood to do really anything. So I did nothing. By the end of the work day a friend stopped by to try to change my mood. It took a while, but it finally worked and we headed out to dinner and I started to get out of my funk.

After a nice dinner, of steamed artichoke, eggplant rollantini and portobello mushrooms in balsamic and goat cheese, we headed back home to call it a day. It was when I got home that it hit. Energy, from nowhere! I had intended on just going to bed, and instead I sat up and watched tv for a few hours and finally my body gave up the fight and let me fall asleep.

I woke up this morning and jumped right out of bed. I got productive as soon as I got up, did some laundry, had some egg whites and hopped on the bike for an hour. Then it was lunch and an hour run and I am still going strong. I mean hey, I even got on here and am posting. What is going on!?

This weekend, as I mentioned I supposed to have a 5k, but since I will be at a bridal shower for most of my weekend and I can't seem to find a race, I will be doing 4 x 1 mile repeats instead on Sunday, barring I have energy, I guess? I seem to be in an every other day pattern, so if I stick to the pattern, I should be good to go on Sunday.

Then finally next week I go back to a normal work schedule with no late nights or anything crazy, so let's hope my energy levels go back to normal then!

I hope everyone has some fun plans for this weekend! Now I am off to watch Indiana in the NCAA tournament. HOO HOO HOO HOOSIERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment