Friday, March 15, 2013

Time Flies....

Well this past month just seemed to have flown by. With training and working no stop, my writing has been at an all time low! So let's get caught up here....

My training has picked up and I am spending a lot more time on my bike and treadmill. Coach P's rule is that if I ride on the trainer, I can divide the ride time by 1.2 since I will be at constant resistance for the entire ride. So far this year I have decided to just stick to the actual times and skip the dividing, so I am have been logging some long hours on the bike for sure.

My run fitness seems to be improving the last few months, which is also encouraging. As always it is nice to see improvement. I ran my first 5k a few weeks ago and I really kicked some ass! To be honest, going into it, I was not sure how I would do. I haven't just run a race in a long time. My runs usually come right after a nice swim and bike, so it was hard to gauge how my run would be. So I decided since it was just 3.1 miles, that I would run as hard as possible and see how far I could push my limits. And push my limits, I did. The race went like so:

Mile 1 7:19
Mile 2: 7:46
Mile 3: 7:47

I crossed the finish line and was like "WHAT?!?!" This was my fastest 5k yet and I maintained three, under 8 minute miles. I am not sure who I thought I was that day, but I would like that girl to show up to all races from here on out!

As for swimming, I have successfully forced myself to get back into it. I have  been in the pool at least twice a week for the past few weeks and I need to get that number up to three times a week, but come on, baby steps here!

My next race is going to be the More Half Marathon in April. I have run this one before and the hills are the thing that I find a bit daunting, but hey, been there, done that. I have also completed my race schedule for this year, but I think I am going to end up having to do some tweaking as I go. I would like to get in a few more running races and I am considering doing a few tri relays with a some people from my gym.

As for life in general, we are heading in out hibernation period in our household. It is usually around this time of year that we decide to stay in the house on the weekend and just lounge and keep warm. All of our renovations from the storm are complete and the last thing we need to do is buy a kitchen table and we are all set. Which would have meant the project was done, but then we decided, since everything but the tile in our guest bath got upgraded after the storm, that we are just going to take the plunge and get that done as well, then we will have an absolutely brand new home.

Today I decided to take a rest day because I am feeling a little under the weather, but tomorrow I will be on the trainer for a good 2.5 hours. Then is off to the tile store for what I hope to be the last time!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment