Wednesday, January 26, 2011

More Snow? Sure, Can't Stop Me!!

I got up this morning at 5:40 hoping that it wasn't snowing, I needed to get to the gym to get in an hour run and some core exercises before my work day and the snow began. About halfway through my run, winter reared it's ugly head, once again! Now the good thing is that I really don't mind running on the treadmill, I bring a few magazines with me and by the time I am done catching up on my celebrity gossip, the run is usually over. So I got that going for me.

Now back to the run, yesterday I talked about my frustrating slow Z1 pace, well today I decided that I would start at a 10:00 min/mile pace and see how long I could hold it before my HR skyrocketed. Next thing I know I only have 10 minutes left in my run. What the F..k? With ten minutes to go I had to drop the pace a bit but I ended up with 10:05 miles and an average HR 5 beats below my Zone 1 ceiling. How the hell does that happen? Is it because I ran early in the morning? Because I drank a lot of water last night before bed? If anyone has any insight on this, please share, because I am honestly baffled. I have to run again this week and I think I am going to try the middle of the day again to see if I go back to the slower pace. I mean if the faster pace is associated with getting up at the ass crack of dawn to run, sign me up!

Now it is time to focus on the work day and enjoy the snow from a far. Here is the view from my living room window. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment