Thursday, June 2, 2011

I'm baaaaack....Well Not Really

Sorry for having been MIA for a while. Work has been taking over my life and it looks like it is only going to get worse. For the next two weeks I basically switch to European time. Meaning I will be working from around 3am-12pm every day. So that should be fun. And that has been what I have been prepping for since last week. On top of that I have also been prepping for the Rev3 Quassy Half Iron. I can honestly say with all of the stress at work I haven't been thinking much about the race, and I also am not sure if I am ready, but hey, I paid so I will play!

With the race this Sunday, this week has been a bit of a taper. I am talking to Coach P about my race plan tonight and from the way we talked about it after Red Bank, I don't think this is going to be one we push at, which is fine with me! And honestly it is also fine if we do push it. It might be just what I need to get focused for the 2 work weeks from hell!

So far this week has consisted of some rides with very lethargic T runs. It is hot! And after pedaling away in my guest room, heading out into the heat is just not ideal. I also got to do my favorite (no sarcasm) swim this week, the tabata swim. Here is the recipe:

800 warm up
10 x 25 of all out pull (1 min break half way)
8 x 25 of all out kick (1 min break half way)
10 x 25 all out free (1 min break half way)
800 cool down

I really enjoy this swim because it is a nice mixture of stuff so when I get to that last 800 I really don't feel like I have done all that much when I have.

Tonight calls for a 1:00 ZR ride followed by a 20 Zone R run. Which is perfect because I am meeting a friend out for our monthly date at a restaurant right across from the gym. So I may even be able to enjoy a glass of wine after my workout.

Well that is all for me right now. I need to get back to work and get my head in the game for this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment