Friday, July 8, 2011

I Made It!

And by that I mean I made it to Friday and managed to also finish up all my workouts! After I went into the office on Thursday I came home for a 55 min Z1 run. Now I was supposed to do this on Wednesday, but my stomach did not agree with my plans. I was so sick all day on Wednesday that I managed to spend the entire second half of the day in bed with my lap top. I got to bed early and slept through my normal morning work out time and figured I would play catch up when I felt better.

After a day at the office on Thursday, I figured I would give it a try. Well having been sick on Wednesday, I was very dehydrated and you could see it in my pace. I was averaging 9:40 min/miles and feeling overheated and tired. When I got home I refueled and then forced myself to get on my bike for a 1:45 Z1 trainer ride. Now I am not sure if it was better because I was sitting down but this half of the work out was bearable. After the bike, I sat down for a fresh tomato and cucumber salad and some chicken sausage then passed out.

When I got up this morning I was a little skeptical about my 55 min Z1 run since yesterdays was a bit of a fluke. But I was back today. I ran 55 min at 9:15 min/miles and I felt great. I then came home and got to work and then hit the pool for an 800 TT on my lunch break. I swam a 15:13 800 and then headed back to the house to get back to work.

Now I am just finishing up my work day and anticipating my night. I am heading to the train station to pick up Kim tonight and then heading to our friend Beth's for some cocktails before we head out to Grand Central Oyster Bar for some seafood and drinks! This weekend couldn't have come at a better time for everyone! We are all ready to get out and have some fun. Oh, and also work out in the mornings before the fun, of course!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! And if you are located in or around New York City, look out for us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment