Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Trying New Things

Due to my light training schedule the past two weeks, I decided to take some time to try some new things. Like getting on my bike, just because I want to, with no HR monitor and going on walks, just for fun. Well as I was doing all of this it dawned on me that there are a lot of fitness places/classes I can try out in my city for the first time for free! Now, some of them I have tried before, but that is when I realized, yes I did try them out before, but that was with my maiden name! So I could try it all again with my married name if I wanted to.

So I talked to one of my friends and her sister and we decided let's try all the places we can. So Saturday, we got up nice and early (really way earlier than I should be getting up on a Saturday)and we headed to an introductory Local Barre course. I had heard it was a great workout and I did take dance for several years up until I was a teenager, so I mean how hard could it be. Well holy crap, it was hard! I used muscles in my butt that I didn't even know existed. By the end of the hour every muscle in my body was twitching. I got home at 9:30am and was spent! By Sunday morning I was really feeling it. But I figured that had to be a good thing.

This week I am slowly getting back into the swing of things with my training. I started yesterday with my spin class, 30 minute swim and some lifting. Today I did a 1 hour Zone 1 bike and tonight I will be doing another 30 minute swim before my spin class. Tomorrow I will be testing out my legs again with a 40 min run. I am hoping it will go smoothly but we shall see.

Next up on the free class endeavour will be boot camp. The classes are 35 min and we get to go for a week for free. So that should be interesting. Man, I love trying all this new stuff, especially for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment