Thursday, October 14, 2010

Times Have Changed

So I have been working on my comeback and man is it hard! I have been running for 10 minute intervals to test out my balance and stamina. Once I mastered that, I decided to try a regular run so on Sunday I hit the gym for a quick 40 minute run. And let me tell you, it was hard! It is kind of like I just started running for the first time. But I did it and I tried it again yesterday and another success!

I have also been hiking on the weekends. Last weekend we took a trip out to a Reservation and spent about an hour and a half hiking through the woods. We kept it to a short trip to see how I would do and it was great. Then we headed out to Riamede Farm to pick some apples and a pumpkin. 28 pounds of apples, yes you read that correctly, and 25 pounds of pumpkin later, we headed home completely exhausted and fufilled from our day out. This weekend we are going to try the Breakneck Ridge Loop which will be a new challenge and should make for a another full Saturday.

Today I am going to try my run again and begin planning my 2011 race schedule. I already know that the NY Marathon is on the list since I had to pull out of it this year. But next year I want to have a clear idea of what I want to accomplish right from the start.

The goal is to be back to training on November 1 and back to work in the next week or so. Let's see how this goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment