Thursday, December 30, 2010

Let the Soreness and Bank Account Drain Begin

As you can probably tell from my lead in, I have begun officially training again! I have hit a few bumps in the road this week, like my HR monitor dying, 2 feet of snow keeping me in the house one day and my pool closing for maintenance but I forged onward and did what I know how to do best. I spent some money!

With the Garmin out of commission, I knew I had two choices, send it in for repair of just buy a new one. Well after the year I had last year, I figured why not just buy a new one. I found a place online where I could pick up the Garmin 405 for only $200, so I went for it. I figured it was time for an upgrade and also maybe a little less weight on the wrist would speed me up this year. (You like how I totally just justified my spending? That is how it all happens in my head!)It arrived this morning and I am currently charging it and waiting for my first usage. Which in the end I am sure will be frustrating because I am almost positive I have been running waaaaay faster than my Z1 pace, so that means it is back to the daily walk/run/crawl training scenario!

So far, in terms of training, I am not feeling too spent, although I think the weekend workouts may take their toll on me! But I will check back in tomorrow after my first HR workout and let's see how this story changes. In the mean time, I am going to go play with my new toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment