Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Death by Over/Under

This weekend I did not race which was nice, but even better, I was surprised by my mother with my bridal shower on Saturday. It was a fantastic time and a nice break from focusing on racing and instead focusing on time with friends and family. I came home with tons of gifts (thank you everyone!) and it took us 5 hours on Sunday to open all of the boxes and find places for it all. But with the bridal shower surprise, since I thought I was just going out for a bit and would have time to come home and ride, I ended up missing my Saturday long ride. Again, I really can't say I minded that much. I kind of needed a break and this one came as a nice surprise.

This week, on the other hand, will be the exact opposite of a break. I have over/under sets everyday. And after this mornings, set I am not looking forward to any more! This morning I did a 1:00 over/under run with a quick Z1 warm up, followed by .5 miles at 9:30 pace, .5 at 8:30pace, and I did this 4 times. Now the first two I was thinking, this is nothing, I should have gotten faster paces to work with. The third time through I started to feel it and by the fourth time, that 8:30 .5 mile never felt so long in my life. When I was done, I actually thought that there was a good chance that the over/under was going to take me down, and I was going to pass out on the carpet next to the treadmill.

After the almost passing out debacle I headed home for a quick 1:30 ZR ride, because, well because why not right? I mean, I had already almost passed out 1 time today, let's push the envelope! But as always, the early morning workouts have made my day incredibly productive with lots of work and cleaning. But I am looking forward to sitting on the couch tonight and relaxing, oh wait, that is after I teach spin. Booooo Hissssss!

Tomorrow is my over/under swim set, let's see if we can avoid drowning!

No comments:

Post a Comment