Wednesday, May 4, 2011

T Minus 3 Days

Yup, that's right, 3 days until race day! How do I feel you ask? I honestly don't know. I have been thinking about it a lot and I am hoping I just go right back into it naturally, no thinking involved. I am glad that I get to swim first because that will get me focused on my goal, the finish line, so we will see how it goes.

Last weekend away in Sarasota with my girlfriends was fantastic and just what I needed. They are such an amazing group of women. We are all in different places in our lives right now, but when we get together it is like everything stops, and we go right back to where we left off.

My flight on Thursday got cancelled I ended up arriving on Friday morning. We all hung out poolside and that night I was surprised with an small bachelorette party. It was very sweet and I was totally surprised. Then we went out for our one night out. We hit up a Tapas Bar and filled up with food and then went in search of a bar to hang out at. Well we soon found out that Sarasota's hot spots are very likely located within the retirement communities, so we headed back to our home base. The rest of the weekend was spent on the beach and relaxing. I got home early enough on Sunday night head out to dinner with Nick and get up bright and early to get back to training.

This week so far has been a mixture of recovery workouts with some Z1 rides and runs interspersed. I have a 1:30 ZR bike followed by a 35 ZR run on the agenda for tonight followed by my best friend's birthday drinks.

I can honestly say I am looking forward to this weekend's event. At least for right now! Let's see how I feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment