Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Excuses...Stop the Madness!

Man, I have heard a enough of these to last me a lifetime. From work, to friendships, family, workouts, fitness, I mean the list could go on and on. I have made them, we all have made them, but lately they are just grating on my nerves. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

I saw this quote yesterday in the midst of fielding everyone's half-assed excuses and I couldn't help but fall in love with it:

"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."

Amen to that! I mean it is so true. Why make an excuse, just tell the truth. We all have the urge to make an excuse but it is so much better for your mind to just say that you didn't do something because you didn't feel like it. I skip workouts for that exact reason all the time. If I start a long run and I am draggin ass for the first mile or two, I stop and go home. I know it won't be a good run and I will regret trying to complete it. I don't say, oh my head hurts and I have so much work to do, so I should go home. Because truth be told, even if that was the case, I would run. I won't run when I don't want to.

And making these excuses then makes it even easier to excuse you way out of the next thing. It is like you convince yourself that as long as you make an excuse for something the decision is justifiable.

Now I am sure you are wondering why I am up on my high horse about this. Well I am dealing with a particular situation in my life where one person is constantly giving me excuses for not doing things, mostly dealing with fitness, but other things as well. To be honest, just don't make the plans with me, so you don't have to bother thinking up lame excuses when you don't come through. It seems like a lot of wasted energy to me. And I know the excuses aren't real and that is the worst part.

As a person I am pretty determined. When I put my mind to something I do it, no excuses. I work hard and but I also love to play hard, but if I play hard, I know that the next day I have to deal with the consequences and complete all my tasks, no excuses. So having listened to these particular excuses for so long puts me, well at wits end.

Breathe......ok I am done! Ha, I hope this person doesn't read my blog, I don't think they do.....or maybe I want them to, and get the hint. (ooofa I am bad!) Now I am going to have a vodka soda and think about my workout schedule for tomorrow and remind myself a vodka drink, while delish, is not an excuse tomorrow. Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment