Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My How the Time Flies...

This week has been a full one! I will start with Saturday, which consisted of a 2:21 Z1 ride followed by 30 min T run. The ride, not bad at all, the run, well it felt more like a crawl. I didn't feel tired, but the heart was not in the mood to cooperate with me, putting me at a pace that was 1 minute slower than normal. Encouraging? I think not! After my workouts we headed into the city to return some gifts and pick up some new home decor. Then it was back to the house to hang up the new purchases and to cook some sauce. Nick has this recipe in his family for tomato sauce that on it's own, can be a meal. Every year we make a big batch and freeze it for the winter. So we spent the night cooking and eating and headed to bed nice and early.

Sunday I started with a 1:15 ZR ride with 15 min at Z3. Now, I have been doing this one for 3 weeks and I can't quite master it. I can't get myself up to Z3 that quickly, I usually hit it right near the end of the 15, but hey, at least I try! I mean I could just stay in bed and get some sleep like a normal person right? But normal, I am not!

After the ride, I headed out for a 1:36 Z1 run and contrary to my results the day before, it was great. I averaged 9:23 miles and felt fantastic. I wish I understood what the deal was with the day before but oh well. Then it was time to sit on the couch and watch my team lose miserably. Well, you can't win them all (or the last three).

As always the week has been filled with spinning classes, working and working out. I was supposed to do a 5k this weekend but the one I was going to sign up for was full, so instead I have 1 mile repeats on the brain. With a race planned for this week, my training is a bit light, which is a nice change.

More importantly, it is time to get ready for Thanksgiving! We host every year and it is just too much fun. I have begun my shopping and already have a very full freezer, so I am not sure where the rest of it will go, but I just can't wait to cook it all. The funny thing is I don't even like the food served at Thanksgiving, but I do love to cook, so it works out well for me.

For now, it is time to get back to work. I have two 30 min Z1 rides to get in today, which sound like a perfect lunch break and something to do after work. Have a great hump day!

1 comment:

  1. holy crap, your bikes and runs are damn long for the off-season - what are you training for?

    ReplyDelete