Saturday, November 12, 2011

Annnnnd I'm Back, for Real this time! Not like my Last Post!

So I am back and so many things have happened. First I will start will saying sorry for disappearing on you, but life got in the way, in a good way. So here is a quick breakdown. I got married! WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!! Yup, October 8th was the most amazing night of our lives, surrounded by all of our friends and dancing our butts off. And you would think nothing would change by getting married, since we have lived together for years and all that. But something has. Somehow we have gotten closer and happier. How it happens, I am not sure, but I am liking it. Here is a quick shot of the wedding day:



So after getting married we headed to Hawaii for 2 weeks and for the first time in 3 years I decided to just relax. And by that I mean I decided that exercise shouldn't be the focal point of those 2 weeks, like it is every other week of my life. I decided to kick back, eat and drink whatever I wanted and forget about training for a bit. And man, was it worth it. I may have gained a few pounds and lost a bit of fitness, but it was great. And it isn't like we didn't do anything active. We went on 11 mile hikes in Waimea Canyon, we kayaked up the Wailua River and then hiked until we found some hidden water falls and hey, we even swam in the falls when we got there. But I didn't record any of it, I didn't have to add it to my exercise log when I was done, it was all for fun. And fun it was!

After being in Kauai for 3 days I also made another decision. I was pulling out of the NY Marathon. I figured if was going to let myself relax and enjoy this trip I couldn't be focusing on big training. And it didn't hurt that I didn't have a bike to complete half my training anyway. I contacted Coach P and let him know that I felt like I wouldn't be ready with missing half my training while I was there and we decided it would be best to pull out. So I will run NY next year and instead I will run a marathon in March this year to make up for the missed one.

So now here I am back in New Jersey, getting back into training and trying to focus on what I want for next year. And I mean really, who knows? Half of me wants to try my luck at an Ironman (Nick would probably not speak to me for the time leading up to it!) and the other half wants to do nothing. So I am working on the the halfway point where I will feel perfect. I know I want to do two marathons and I have a few triathlons that I want to revisit this year, but other than that, I've got nothing! I hope to have a plan laid out by the end of this month, so we shall see! I will let you know when I come up with it!

But for now, I am going to focus on making breakfast and getting on my bike for a few hours. I promise to not be a stranger anymore! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment