Saturday, February 26, 2011

Limping my Way to the Weekend

After last weeks crazy work out sessions, I woke up on Monday with some pain on the top of my left foot. I taught class, and ignored the pain, naturally, and by Tuesday my normal 10 minute walk home from work took me about 30 minutes. It hurt like hell to lift my foot off the ground so I decided it would be easier to walk home zombie-style, dragging my left foot with each step, as to not aggravate it. After my incredibly sexy walk home I sat on the couch and whined about the pain for about 2 days.(Yes I can embrace that I am a whiner.) Coach P informed me to take it "easy" on the runs and just turn every run into a bike ride. Needless to say I logged a shit-ton of hours on the bike this week and by ass and lady parts are paying the price.

Today I am going to into the city to find some bridesmaids dresses and partake in some afternoon lunch/drink debauchery. Then it is home to get on the bike, so obviously it will be more lunch debauchery for me than drinks. But it is worth it. I have officially lost 5 lbs since I got back into training, and with a wedding in 8 months, I am all about keeping the trend moving forward!

I am going to attempt to get back to running tomorrow. And why ease myself back in? I mean really! I have a 1:22 Z1 run ahead of me and I am looking forward to it. I am going to hit the streets again and head out on my old route that I knew so well before my little bike mishap. Here's to hoping that I don't have to revert back to the sexy walk on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment