Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome to the World of Being Fit

So I am going to cut right to the chase here. Last Friday I ran 50 minutes in Zone 1 at a 10:19 pace and then on Sunday I had a 1:18 run in Z1 and ending up running at the bottom of the zone with a pace of 9:39. What the hell is going on here? This is by far the fastest I have run in Zone 1 in 3 years and it is all just happening in a few weeks. I was actually so surprised by my Sunday run, that I began to think that my brand new Garmin must be broken. I decided that I would talk to Coach P about the issue, since I was totally shocked and his response was perfect, "It's called fitness!". Well there you go! My heart is finally agreeing with what my body is set to do for the next 11 months! It is about freakin time!

And of course, me totally doubting the situation, I am going to plan on running my 1 hour run tomorrow at the same time on the same treadmill to see if maybe it was a fluke. If it is not, then all I have to say about this season is BRING IT!

And speaking of the season, I have managed to rearrange my race schedule to fit in with my wedding and have come up with the following races:

4/2 Queens Half Marathon
5/7 Devil Man Half Lite
5/15 Red Bank Olympic
6/5 Rev 3 – Half Ironman-Quassy
7/24 New Jersey Olympic
9/10 Shoreman Half Iron (not totally sure on this one yet)
11/11 New York Marathon

I will also be participating in the the Gridiron Classic 4 miler in Central Park this weekend. I am kind of excited only because this is my first race back since the accident. Let the comeback story begin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment