Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cha...cha..cha..Changes

Sorry I have been a bit MIA, I spent the weekend working out and then on Sunday night noticed a very odd meeting invite from my CEO to our entire US team and I knew something was up. On Monday I got up nice and early to teach and then had two events to keep me busy all day. Then it was time for the call and I was right, something was up, my company had been sold to another larger company.

Now, at first I thought, "I finally found the job I love and now it is all going to change!" Then I learned more about the situation. Tuesday morning came and we were planning on meeting our new colleagues at 3pm and then we were to head out to drinks with them. And you know what, they were great! Tons of fun and an all around good time. They are all about the same age as me and it sounds like this could be a move in the right direction. The only big change for me will be that my office will be moving across town. Not ideal, but hey, I can deal with it. And, another added bonus, three of the guys I met, they also bike so I may have found a new group to cycle with on the weekends. So all in all, not too shabby!

The rest of the week has been playing a game of catch up to make up for the workouts I missed due to the social outings we had. Today I woke early for a 35 min ZR run which I maintained the top of Zone R at a 10:15 mile, not so bad. And then came back home for a 2 hour Zone 1 ride. Was a bit tired by the middle but I had a good book to read and that helped. Tonight I have to teach spin at 7, another new change in my life, the addition of more classes to my teaching schedule. After teaching I plan on hitting the couch for some R&R!

Tomorrow is my first 800 TT in the pool. I am very interested to see how it turns out. I mean really I didn't swim that much from August- January so it could be interesting to see how I do.

But for now, off to eat some pretzels and get ready for class. Will report back on my swim tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment