Monday, March 7, 2011

Injured Reserve...and Fake St. Patty's Day

First, my Friday swim was fantastic! Until now, my best 800 in the pool was 15:36, Friday I busted out a 15:15 800 and felt great when I was done. I then taught my Friday night class and headed home for a nice dinner of Italian accompanied by a glass of red wine. I promptly passed out on the couch around 9pm with a 7am wake up in my future.

Saturday was Hoboken, St. Patty's Day. Now for those who have never heard of this phenomenon, plain and simple, it is a total shit-show. I mean this is amateur hour at its best. The town comes alive at around 10am with bars opening a few hours early, only to end with thousands of people roaming the streets drunk and wearing green until the wee hours of the morning. This year, those who were unable to control themselves got an extra souvenir in the form of a $2000 ticket and some community service. And they wonder why the city doesn't ban the event? It is their biggest money maker of the year!

Well when I got up at 7am, instead of putting on my drinking shoes, I put on my riding shoes and hit the bike for a few hours. Apparently that is going to be the theme of the next week or so with me while we deal with my current foot problem. After finishing up, I headed to a neighbor's house for boozy brunch and was happy to return early with a nice sun burn and the desire to bypass the masses and watch TV for the rest of the night.

Sunday we had an early meeting at our apartment, so we were up and at em' again nice and early and then it was back on the bike for 2 hours of Zone R riding split up with come tabata drills. Another successful ride, but this one pushed me back a few days in terms of my recovery.

So I finally bit the bullet and took the anti-inflammatory I was prescribed today after spin class. And man they are kicking my ass. They say it may make you dizzy and that is the understatement of the year. I actually had to pass on my swim today and move it to tomorrow because I need to find my sea legs!

Tomorrow will call for a nice swim and yet another spin class. But for now, I need to just publish this and close my eyes; the type is making my stomach do loops!

No comments:

Post a Comment