Thursday, May 6, 2010

800's of Misery...

Please! I actually enjoyed it, so there!

So as you could guess this morning was a swim morning. I got up at 5:40am stuffed a piece of bread (might have been moldy, I chose to not investigate) with peanut butter down my throat, drank some coffee, walked the dog and headed to the pool. It is crazy how light it is at 6:00am now! I used to take my dog as my body guard to the parking garage in the morning due to the darkness, but now she gets to go right back to sleep instead of keeping me company.

Once at the pool I started my warm up:

2 x (50 kick, 50 fist, 50 free, 50 pull, 50 no kick)
4 x (50 no kick)

Now honestly I wasn't feeling too hot after that, I was having one of those spastic moments where I feel like I forgot how to swim. So after my warm up I took a few minutes to breathe and focus. I now had to do

2 x 800 with the 2nd being faster than the first

So there I went, and when I finished the first 800 I looked at my time and saw that I was a little over a minute slower than my last 800TT. How is that possible. It was then that I realized I must have counted lap 20 twice, like I thought I did while I was swimming. So I took about 45 seconds off for the double count and logged in a 15:46 800. Not my fastest, but I was saving a bit of energy because I knew I had another one to go. My second one was counted correctly and came in at 15:21. Not too bad for back to back 800's.

After that I Cooled down with:

2 x 100 (50 fist, 50 free)
1 x 100 easy kick

Then is was off to steam, shower and get to work.

Tonight I have a Z1/Z2 ride followed by a Z1/Z2 run. Then I will buckle down and get some laundry done. I also have to lay out everything for my race tomorrow. I am both excited and a little bit terrified, not about laying out my clothes, I am cool with that, more so about the race, but it is nothing I haven't felt before.

Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!

2 comments: