Friday, May 7, 2010

Are Those the Pre Race Jitters or Did I Just Have too Much for Breakfast

So today is the day before my first tri of the season. Which means that along with a nervous day it is also a carb loading day. This morning I got up an hour early just to cook my breakfast and begin eating. Here is a photo of my first meal of the day:


Yup, that is 4 blueberry pancakes, 2 eggs, homefries and toast. Now I am not gonna lie, for the last two pancakes I had to lay down on the couch to eat them. And I was sweating profusely, but alas VICTORY! Well except for that piece of toast, but if you read yesterdays post, it is from the "maybe moldy" loaf, so I am ok with leaving a little behind.



And I literally have about 40 minutes until my next feeding!

Now, as for the race, this morning I decided to take a look at my racing division. It turns out that there are only 9 people in mine, one of which is the person I am driving to the race with. Now one might guess, that that would make my odds better at placing, but other than my friend I have no idea how these people race. It looks as though half of them are either on a bike or tri team, but others could just be individually fast. So after this moment, I am just not going to think about them anymore.

Tomorrow should be interesting for sure. We are staying near the start of the race and race time is at approx 7:30. The distance of the race is odd, so I am not sure how long it will take. Definitely less time than a half ironman, but I am not sure by how much.

I am off to work to feed all day. If you are racing tomorrow good luck and I be back this weekend with a full race report.

Happy Racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment