Monday, May 3, 2010

Six o'clock Already? I was just in the middle of a dream......

The title is just so fitting in many many ways. Last week was filled with fun recovery week exercises, so I didn't really have much to fill you in on. Just a lot of Zone R rides and runs, which may as well be walks, with 1 Zone 1 Ride and 1 Zone 1run sprinkled in on Thursday for good measure.

It all started to get a bit more interesting on Saturday. Saturday I had a 2:07 Z1/Z2ride followed by a 45 min Z1 transition run. So I decided that I was going to ride indoors. I know, I know, it was beautiful out, but honestly on my last outdoor ride, I felt like we were dragging so much that I didn't get a work out, so I decided to buckle down on my own and get to work. And work it, I did! I manged to squeeze out 23miles in 2 hours, and on a trainer, I am happy with that work out. I also tried something new, no socks. In theory great idea to cut some time from my transition (I mean honestly not much time, but I thought why not?), in reality, total score on the bike, ultimate fail on the run!

So let's get to the run. As I was finishing up on my bike, I watched my boyfriend and one of his friends slave away on a wooden planting box form my tomato garden. It was a lot of staring and taking beer breaks, but I must say, I was quite impressed with the end product! Kudos to the bf! After taking a minute to make another water bottle, I decided to head out for a quick run up the river. Off I went! And let me tell you, when it is nice out the population of Hoboken triples! People and baby carriages everywhere! So I dodged families and baby carriages for about 35 minutes until I realized that my arch of my foot was burning. FAIL! BLISTERS!!!!!! With the Jersey Devilman coming up this weekend I decided to cut the last ten minutes and save my feet and walk on home. Slightly irritating but nothing I could do.

Now, we get to Sunday and here is where the title really means something! For those of you who know me, and now for those who don't, I am extremely anal about time. I think I blame this solely on my mother (sorry mom) because when we were younger we were always late (now I am sure the blame was on us, but let's use mom as the scape goat today). So for all events I get up super early and show up about 45-60 min before race time. I just always build some time in for the "what if". Well finally it paid off!

Yesterday, one of my friends, my little brother and I participated in the 5 Boro Bike Tour and for the first time in years, I slept through my alarm clock! And by slept through I mean I slept through an hour of my alarm clock going off! Tired much? And all of a sudden I woke up to my phone ringing and it was my friend outside, wondering where I was. So the mad Dash began! I ran around frantic and through on my bike kit and filled up water bottles, all while yelling at the bf to get out of bed and pump my tires, or just get the bike off the trainer (nice I know!). Buuuuut, because of my "hour early" planning, we made it to the starting line with tons of time to spare. Phew!

We completed 42 miles in about 6 hours! Yup, you read that correctly 6 hours. 42 miles with 50,000 people in 90 degree heat! And who forgot sunscreen? This girl!!!! So now I have some sore quads, and a purple back. Sexy? No doubt about it!

Monday is the usual. 2 spins and and swim, then tomorrow, it is right back into it in preparation for the my first tri of the season on Saturday. Not too nervous yet, but there is still time.

No comments:

Post a Comment