Monday, April 25, 2011

The Nightmares Have Begun

I am now 1 week closer to my first race and the pre-race nightmares have begun. I am now having a nice reoccurring dream that I get on my bike and I am too afraid to go fast, so I ride the 46 miles at 10mph and the race basically never ends! Now let's hope that is not the case!

The good thing is that I am going away for a girls weekend this weekend in Sarasota, Florida, and it may be just what I need to calm my nerves a bit before race weekend. Things are starting to get a bit intense around here as I begin to react to my fears. I honestly feel bad for Nick for having the endure the roller coaster of emotions, but he is doing ok with it all, for now at least. After I get through the first one I should be ok and ready to go.

I am trying to keep my mind occupied with work, working out and cooking and it seems to be working out ok. This morning I taught my spin class and then did a make up run. It is crazy, my Z1 pace is now between 8:50 and 9:10. That to me is INSANE! I mean for two years my Z1 pace was 9:50 to 10:20 and now it just keeps dropping. Hey, I will take it, I got a marathon goal for this year, and I feel like at this rate, I could very well be on track!

So this week is all training, working and packing. I honestly can't wait to just sit by the pool all day and soak in some sun this weekend. The girls I am going with are the best, they make me feel like I am home with them, no matter where we are. It is nice to have those kind of people in your life, the ones that ground you. And it may be just what I need with my jitters at an all time high! Let's see if it does the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment