Friday, June 4, 2010

It's Almost Pool Time

Thank god this week is over. Don't get me wrong I actually love my new job, and have been actually enjoying the training, but let me tell you, this heat is making me drag my ass! I am at the point in my training/eating where directly after I fall asleep, I begin to sweat. And not normal sweat, the kind of sweat where you wake up soaked like 4-5 times a night. Like through your clothes, hair soaking wet, outline of your body on your sheets soaked. Gross right? Now imagine being the person sleeping next to me. Oooofa! I feel so bad for him because now it seems my sweating has turned a non sweaty sleeper into a sweaty one! Ahh the joys of living with a triathlete!

So today was full on hill bounding and all that joyous stuff! Due to the insufferable heat (dramatic much?) I ran on the treadmill. I did the following:

25 min Z1 (turned out great, I ran for 25 min at a 9:50 pace and my average HR came in 5 beats below my low end of zone 1)
5 x (1 min with incline all the way up and speed of 4.7 and 3 min incline down 6.0 speed)
30 min Z1

It actually felt pretty good, although my legs are feeling a little fatigued afterwards.

This weekend should be great though. Tomorrow I have a 3:20 bike followed by a nice 35 min Z1 T run. And then some drills on Sunday. But the best part is that I will be home and bbq'ing. Tonight we will participate in America's favorite past time of bulk shopping and pick up all the things you need to grill for the next 3 weeks. Then we are going to plant some plants in the flower boxes around our condo's pool and spruce up the place.

For the rest of the weekend we have people coming over to hang at the pool and bbq It is amazing how popular you become in the summer being the only ones with a pool in the city! Kidding!I can not wait! It looks like it is shaping up to be a great time.

I am sure I will check in, but if not, have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment