Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Morning Underwater

Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day. It was one of my days to work from home so I spent the day sitting on the floor at my coffee table just typing away. I did take a quick break to give the dog a bath since she hasn't had one in a while and we are having company this weekend, so that was nice. Hey, the dog's gotta look good too!

I finished off my day with dinner and the last few episodes of Weeds on dvd. And now I have to wait a whole season before I can find out what happens since I don't have Showtime. But that is a story for another time.

I headed to bed early in anticipation of an early wake up for my Wednesday swim. I had 56 minutes of steady swim on to do list.

When we got the pool this morning I shared a lane with a regular that I know and began my swim. The guy in the lane next to me was methodical. Apparently he had already been at it for about 40 minutes and he just didn't stop. So I am thinking maybe it was with his help that I got into my rhythm. I had no idea when I hit the 56minute mark, I was lost somewhere in my brain and my body had gone into auto pilot. I just kept going. Finally I stopped to see what time it was and I had gone over the hour mark by a bit so I decided I would get out of the pool and head for a steam.

Those kind of swim workouts are my favorite. I really think I could have spent the rest of my morning underwater. I would have just kept going until I ran out of steam. It is these kind of days where I realize how far I have come in my training. Fine, the pounds are melting off the way I would like them to, but I am getting stronger, without a doubt. Two years ago, this morning would not have happened. I would have been 20 laps in, and need a break. Today, after who knows how many laps, I had to make myself take a break.

So here's to starting the day on a positive note!

No comments:

Post a Comment