Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Not for Nothin' But I Think God is Reading My Blog

Take a look at yesterdays post, I said the humidity needs to go. And this morning I wake up and take the dog out for her morning business and viola its beautiful out. And by beautiful I mean it was like 60 degrees, zero humidity. And it didn't even rain! So someone is listening to me!

Anywho, today has been a very productive day. I got up at 5:30am for a quick 58 min swim. Here's how it went down:

3 x 800
1x 500
all of TT + 10 with 30 second rest between sets

I can say that I was somewhat dreading it. But I psyched myself up, i.e. drank about a gallon of coffee and got to it. I can admit by the last 100-200 I am sure my form was more like a drowning person's but I did it. Then I took a quick steam and headed for home.

Once home, I had to make up my bike from yesterday so I hopped on the bike for a 1:50BST. I was comprised of the following:

30min Z1/ZR
3 x 10min (55-65rpm) with 4 min easy in between each
3 x (1 min at 105 rpm, 1 min at 95)
20 min ZR

I have to admit it would have been nicer to be outside on the bike, but I knew I had a limited amount of time to get everything done so there was no time to dilly dally. After the bike I headed out for a Z1/Z2 T Run with the first mile in Z2. I completed the first mile in 8:16, while huffing and puffing all over Hoboken. Then I finished up in Z1 and headed home.

When I got home I was there just in time for my furniture delivery. We are having visitors here from out of town this weekend and so we realized we would need to offer them a place to sleep and that we have been in our house for about 2 years and we still are not done decorating. So we bought a new day bed. And here it is:



Now all I need is a bookcase and some decorations and we are good to go. Then that will just leave a dresser and a kitchen table and some small decorations for the living room and everything will be done. Ahhh...I can just imagine what it will be like!

As for the rest of the day, I have work on the agenda along with making a vegetable tart for dinner. It will be my first time working with philo dough. Let's see how that turns out!

Enjoy your humidty free day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment