Monday, July 26, 2010

3 Weekends of Racing Coming Up!

So for the next three weekends I am going to do a bit a racing. I have 2 sprints then an Olympic and I must say I am ready for it! I feel like since I have been doing more longer races this year, that I haven't done as many races as I did last year. So now I am going to amp it up for the next couple of weeks in preparation for the last HIM of the season in September.

This weekend I will be racing a Sprint in Belmar, NJ. I haven't done a true sprint yet this season and the plan is to race all out. The problem with me is that once I get on the bike, I get cautious. I tend to always worry that if I push too hard on the bike that I may lose it on the run. And then on the run I am worried that I am going to crash if I push too hard too early. But I need to shake that and just try and go after it this weekend. I mean compared to my other races these distances are nothing. So I need to force myself to keep that in mind the entire race.

So the game plan is to take it easy this week and get myself ready for this weekend. It's time to get that racing confidence back!

No comments:

Post a Comment