Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What A Weekend!!

So the reason for my absenteeism is that I finally got to take some days off! Well kind of. We took a long weekend (Friday thru Monday) up in Rochester. It was time spent with the bf's family, but still not time spent at work. We got up there at around midnight on Thursday night and headed straight to bed. Friday, I actually had the day off from training so we set out to do some shopping and then went to a cooking class in Canandaigua at the New York Wine and Culinary Center.

We took class called New York Steakhouse and we learned a ton about choosing and cooking meat, then we put all that knowledge to work. Here is what was on the menu, Marinated Flank Steak with Horseradish Sauce, Pan Roasted Rib Roast with Crispy Mushrooms, Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Classic Grill New York Strip Steak and The Perfect Burger. Each cooking area had 4 stations and each station cooked one meal with sides, then after everything was complete we sat down and sampled everything. Now I can say this was hardly ok in terms of the Core diet, but I am just going to count this as my cheat meal(s) for the week. We continued to eat and drink until we could do no more then headed home to drop into a nice food coma accompanied by the "meat sweats".

Saturday we got up early and it was time to tackle my 1:55 Z1 run. Since I was in unfamiliar territory, I decided to hop on the trainer. I pedaled and sweated out saturated meat fat for the entire 2 hours while catching up on all the magazines I have neglected for the past 3 weeks, then I set out for a quick 25 out and back Z1 T run. Once I got back it was time to eat again!

The afternoon was filled with graduation parties and picnics and again we hit the hay early for another fun filled day ahead. Sunday brought with it, family brunch a quick 4 mile jog and then family dinner. For dinner we decided that we would control the menu (we being me)and I opted for a dinner a bit lower in calories than the rest of the weekend. We munched on white bean dip, vegetable tart and a nice fresh green salad followed up by a delicious fruit tart.

Monday we attempted to head out on a quick 30 mile ride, but we were quickly sent back home due to the rain. So we decided to hit the road and head back home. By the time we got back I was in no mood to work out so I opted to clean and relax instead. So the rest of the week will be a fantastic game of catch up! That seems to be the on going theme with me as of late. Now it is off to lunch and a quick run!

No comments:

Post a Comment