Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Winds of Change

I am feeling good and I am feeling committed (this week!). I have set some goals and now I have to work my ass off to reach them and I have the last half of the season to do it.

This week has been jam packed with workouts. And I have to say I had one of my best runs in a long time yesterday. I ran 45 min in Z1 at a 9:40 pace. And it turns out I Was in the lower half of Z1 so I really could have kicked it up a bit and bettered my pace. Now to some that may not seem that great, but for me it is wonderful! With all of the heat the past few weeks even some of my Zone 1 runs have had to include walking. And there was none of that yesterday! So I am looking forward to taking a stab at it again tonight.

I also figured out the remainder of my schedule and it looks like I will be racing for most of August. Gotta get in as many as I can before I start complaining about it being cold out and prepping for the marathon. Ahh the marathon....yet another goal I have set that I have to reach. But that is a conversation for a different time!

Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment