Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sleeping My Way Through the Day

So I did it, I got up for the fourth day in a row and worked out. I will say that when the alarm went off at 5:20am I was less than happy to get up and hardly awake for that matter. It took a lot to shove myself out of bed. So before I get into today, I just wanted to mention that I did one of my ZR Runs (formerly known as walks) last night before I met some friends out and what a pleasant surprise. I ran in Zone R at a 10:54 pace. And I ran the entire time. Yes, you heard it right! I ran the entire time! Ok enough patting myself on the back, on to today.

So I got up and headed to the gym where I teach to take that lifting class I mentioned yesterday (part of the ever evolving "get in shape" plan), and it is weird, I feel like sometimes when instructors know there is another instructor in their class they go totally wild. So I have subbed for this instructor before, but I have never actually met her. Of course, I walk in and introduce myself and start talking to a few women who take my spinning class. The the torture begins. Man it was intense! But I have to say that I did really enjoy it (although her regulars seemed like they were dying so I have to think she may have amped it up a bit). So now I have to create a nice habit out of it! How many weeks does it take for something to stick?

After class I headed home with the sinking feeling that I might not be able to use my arms for the rest of the week. Thankfully by around 10am I was feeling a bit better. I headed out at lunchtime for a quick 45 minute Z1 run, only to get to the gym to find out the AC was broken. Considering the downpour outside, I decided to suck it up and sweat it out. Needless to say my HR was all over the place, so I am not really sure how I did, but I did it and it's over with.

Tonight I just have to squeak out a quick 1:30 ZR/Z1 ride and then I have one more day to complete my first full week of early mornings. Fingers crossed that I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment