Friday, February 5, 2010

To MP3 or not to MP3, That is the Question

This morning I got up nice an early after a late night of moving furniture with the bf and my little brother and met a friend for an early morning swim. Today she showed up with a shiny new toy, an underwater MP3 player. Now, I am all for shiny new things, but I am on the fence with this one. I feel like I multitask about 90% of my day and constantly have to deal with the background noise of life. Whether it’s the phone ringing, the printer printing or just the sound of my fingers typing, I am always hearing something. There is just something sacred to me about the quietness of being underwater.

I have to say I love going to the indoor pool on the roof of the gym, when the sun is just about to rise and taking some quiet time in my own head. I thoroughly enjoy the moment when I realize that I haven’t thought of anything besides, the sound of me exhaling through my nose underwater for about 20 minutes. So I am not sure how I feel about adding a soundtrack to it. But that is not to say that it isn’t the way to go, I just think right now, it isn’t the way to go for me.

So now, onto the actual swim. I started with a 900 warm up followed by 3 x 100 all out with paddles (torture devices in my mind) followed by a 200 easy pull. Then I finished up with 3 x 200 easy pull. So basically I am unable to lift my hands above my head today without feeling my shoulders burn. No roller coasters for me today I guess!

Tonight is a night in the house for me because I have to get up early for a 2:30 Z1 bike followed by a transition run. Hopefully this time I won’t feel like I got my ass handed to me when I am done! Then it is prep and cleaning for the Super Bowl festivities. I may be back on this weekend, but just in case I am not, have a great weekend and eat a buffalo wing for me on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment