Monday, February 22, 2010

What a weekend!

Friday night was early to bed, only to get up a bit later on Saturday, but I guess I needed the rest. We woke up around ten and I proceeded to make my pre-bike breakfast of whole wheat pancakes. I think they tend to work best because they just sit like lead in my stomach. Three pancakes and a cup of coffee later I got on the bike for a 3:17 Z1/Z2 ride. I went into the guest room with my Sony Reader with two books loaded, Juno ready to go on the computer, 2 packs of cliff bloks and 3 bottles of gatorade. The best part was about 2 hours in, my bf stopped in the room to let me know that I was now turning the guest room into a sweat box. After standing there and chatting for a few minutes, he let me know that not only was the sweat smell leaking into the living room, but that my sweat smelled like whole wheat pancakes! Gross right? Needless to say I finished one book and the rest of Juno and got ready to head out for my 25 min T run.

When I got back, I pounded my recovery drink and made some chicken sausages with some leftover bruschetta for lunch and made my way to the couch. And that is where I spent the rest of my day. Just me, my couch, my blankets, the dog and the Olympics. I am sure people stopped over for a while, but I was in such a daze that one of them could have walked over and punched me in the face and I wouldn't have noticed much!

Sunday morning was a little more of the same thing. But I did switch it up a bit. I made Banana Nut Fiber Plus muffins and then a few eggs, then headed out for my first :55 Z1 run. When I got back I did my 45 min Tabatta drills and then put my Coq Au Vin in the crockpot. Then it was off for a nice long walk with the bf and the pooch, followed by some sandwiches for a late lunch. Once halfway digested I headed out for my second :55 min Z1. Now notice I said halfway digested. I proceed to burp up that fantastic sandwich for all :55 minutes!

After all the workouts were done, it was back to the couch for Olympics and dinner. Let me tell you before the Olympics I had football, but after them I am not sure what I am going to do with my time.

Early to bed, early to rise, right? I got up this morning to teach 6am spin and then went for a recovery swim. I use the term swim loosely. I felt like I was just trying not to drown the whole entire time. My arms were so tired, I could have just sunk like an anchor and been ok with it.

Now it is off to work to train a new employee, yes I am not only an event planner but also part of the HR staff at my company. Then back to teach spin again tonight. Then, you guessed it, Olympics! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment