Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Work, Life Balance….I’m working on it…

So last night’s, BST bike drills and T run, were very interesting, and slightly painful. It is always funny when someone else sees you doing this type of work out. I always get the same reaction, “Why do you do that to yourself?” To which I have no answer. Now if they followed up with me in 5 months, I might be able to give them some insight but in the first few months of training, I can not answer that question, because usually I am asking myself the same thing.

After biking, it was time for some oven fried chicken strips and a random Indian side that I had in my pantry from Trader Joes. It was random food night, because I was totally uninterested in having another left over dinner, so I decided to mix it up and eat the leftovers tonight. Yep folks, This is my excitement during the week, planning meals!

This morning I got up for a very long swim. The workout is called the “Big Swim” and there is no argument there. It consisted of a warm up, 2 x 400 TT separated by a 100 pull, then a 200TT followed by a 100 pull, then 5 x100 getting faster as you go with the last being a TT. Needless to say by the time I hit the steam room, I could hardly lift my arms!

This afternoon promises a recovery bike and recovery T run. I am going to try and get it done at lunch so I can have a free evening to go food shopping for this weekend’s party. You would be surprised how many grocery stores run out of Frank’s Red Hot before the Super Bowl. And I gotta get my fix! Then a friend is coming over for a glass of wine and some TV.

And there you have it! My first attempt since Jan 1 to create some balance!

No comments:

Post a Comment