Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Ok so I know the title of this post isn't original, but so be it! This week is proving to be quite interesting. I have been strictly sticking to my diet and also not allowing any adult beverages, which with this great weather is kinda hard!

So Monday night I did my recovery swim and another spin class, then it was home to crash by 9pm. Tuesday was a full day of work followed by 2:00 of BST's:

Warmup:
30 min @ ZR/Z1

Main Set:
3 X (10 min interval @ 55-60 RPM, 4 min easy recovery @ 90 rpm, 3 X (1 min @ 105+ RPM, 1 min @ 90 RPM easy recovery for both)

Cooldown:
30 min @ ZR

For some reason throughout my training I always have a workout that I can't stand. Right now it is the bike. I can swim and run forever, but ask me to get on that bike and I would rather die! I think it is that I ride in my guest room. Just me and a book. Sometimes I will watch a movie on the computer but most of the time it is just me and a book. So it is booooooring! I am hoping that with this nice weather this weekend I can get outside and fall back in love with my bike. Either way it was 2 hours on the bike.

Once off the bike I threw on a technical shirt, changed into my sneakers, grabbed the boyfriend and headed out for a 25 min T run with the first mile in Z2. Well it is interesting that I decide to share that fact with you, because the Z2 detail was the one detail I left out of the run description when I shared it with my boyfriend. So once out the door, I started up the Garmin and took off like a bat out of hell. And I then had to listen to about 8:30 of "Why are you sprinting?, What is the deal? I thought we were going for a jog?" Now it is hard to explain the need to be in Z2 with someone when all you want to do is run as fast as you can and hit a mile. So I just dealt with the complaints until that mile was up.

Now back to the mile time 8:30???? What the hell is that? Last year around this time I was at 7:50 for the first mile out! Sometimes this heart rate stuff is just a little too frustrating for me! Let's see what happens next week!

Today was supposed to be a swim day but needed to be moved due to some work commitments, but I possibly have some good changes on the horizon for me, so fingers crossed!

Well everyone enjoy your green beers and green bagels today because lord knows I can't! Have a wonderful St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment