Monday, March 8, 2010

What a Fantastic Weekend!

This past weekend, I took off Friday from work and headed to Bloomington, Indiana to meet up with 10 of the most fantastic people. It is not often that we are able to get everyone in one place but this weekend, we did it. We spent 3 days having fun and bonding and although I feel it today, it was worth it. It is amazing to be around that many successful and fantastic people in one group and I am very thankful to know each one of them.

As for working out, well that was a different story, but I am taking a pass on that since I only do this once a year. Although a group of three of us did get in a nice 8mile run around campus on Saturday morning. It was so fun to run all the places that you walked 9 years ago. The funniest part was remembering how we really thought everything was so far away and dreaded certain hilly parts of campus. To go back years later and feel like I could have stayed out for another hour or so just running around was like returning as a totally different person.

But the weekend had to come to an end and now it is back to the grindstone. I returned home on Sunday afternoon and heading right to Sam's club to pick up my protein bars, muscle milk and like ten pounds of chicken and chicken sausage for the month. Then it was back to sit on the couch for the rest of the night.

This morning I got up with a still scratchy voice and taught class #1 for today. Tonight I will return to the gym for an hour recovery swim and another class, and I should be back on track in no time.

Short term goals for March: Get in every single work out

Long term goal for the next 2 months: Lose 7 pounds

Baby steps......

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looking forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete