Friday, March 19, 2010

Oh Friday...how do I love thee....

First things first, thank god it is Friday!! I mean come on! Whoever came up with this 5 day work week was insane. I am not sure if it is just my current situation or what, but this is torture! But at least it is almost over and I have a nice long ride to look forward to tomorrow. No sarcasm there, it is going to be a high of 71 degrees! I mean for fucks sake, that is tropical compared to the past few months, so I will take it!

Well this week came to an end with a few great workouts. Yesterday was a 1:30 tempo ride, which as I explained earlier this week is just downright painful for me! But I am now forcing myself just to stick to it. I mean it has gotten to the point where if I am on my bike for more than 30 minutes, I physically feel uncomfy. But since I know it is all in my head I am just ignoring it. I think the outside ride this weekend will help.

I had to miss my hill bounding due to some work stuff, but I plan on making that up at lunch today. But this morning, I got up at 5:20 to meet a friend for a quick swim. What is crazy is the person I was meeting NEVER gets up this early, nor does she swim and she decided she was going to try it today. And let me tell you, she is a really good swimmer! I am trying to encourage her to stick to it, because of all the obvious benefits and also because she has an aversion towards cardio but seemed to like swimming. So maybe I have a new swim partner, we will see.

Now as for me, I had to do a :58 resistance set, and I would like to proudly announce for the first time ever, it took me the exact amount of time prescribed for the set. Am I getting faster? Did I just have a good day? Was the clock wrong? I don't have the answers to any of those questions, so any which way it goes, I will take it!

Hopefully today will move quickly, then a nice dinner tonight and a 3:30 ride to Piermont, NY tomorrow followed by a T run. Now it is off to work!

Enjoy your Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment